A viral marketing campaign can include any online marketing technique but to for it to go viral, it must induce the recipients to pass-on the campaign message to other people (or any web process). If you can create something, be it a video, book, piece of information or whatever, that is so interesting that people feel the urge to share it, there is a huge potential of visibility and effect, and a massive potential to earn income from this process.
We all know that viral marketing is a great way of saturating the internet with your product, or your branding or whatever, but what does viral marketing mean and how do you start?
Here are some quick ideas to get you started…
1) Purchase the branding rights to a viral ebook. Allow people to give away your free ebook to their visitors. Then, their visitors will also give it away. This will just continue to spread your ad all over the Internet.
2) If you have the ability to set up a forum or other bulletin board, you really have a great tool. Allow people to use your online discussion board for their own website. Some people don’t have one. Just include your banner ad at the top of the board.
3) Do you have a knack for web design? Create some templates, graphics, etc. and upload them to your site. Then, allow people to give away your free web design graphics, fonts, templates, etc. Just include your ad on them or require people to link directly to your web site. Make sure that you include a link back to your site in the copyright notice and require them to keep your copyright notice in tact.
4) Write an E-book. Allow people to place an advertisement in your free ebook if, in exchange, they give away the ebook to their web visitors or E-zine subscribers.
5) Write articles that pertain to your product or service. Allow people to reprint your articles on their website, in their ezine, newsletter, magazine or E-books. Include your resource box and the option for article reprints at the bottom of each article.
6) You can easily find products on the Internet that will sell you a license allowing you to distribute the product free of charge to other people. Look for those products that provide “branding rights”. That is where you can include your own name, website, and contact information.